Fundraise for Brake!
(Please note some of the links on this page take you to the main Brake website - use your ‘back’ key to get back to RSW information.)
Read on for 10 quick RSW fundraising ideas that can help cheer up those November blues!
- Hold a Bright Day for Brake in your workplace or school, where you all dress bright and raise awareness of the vulnerability of people on foot and bikes.
- Donate to Brake by sending a text or visiting our Just Giving site. Encourage staff, family and friends to do the same!
- Hold a road safety quiz using the Highway Code in your local pub or club, with free soft drinks provided by the kindly landlord! Charge entry fees in aid of Brake.
- Run a Beep Beep! Day for under eights, including a range of fun activities
- Have a sponsored danceathon or karaoke night to cheer up those dark winter nights! We can give you sponsorship envelopes.
- Hold a sponsored indoor sports event in aid of Brake to cheer up those winter days and keep you active, safely away from roads! eg. a sponsored swim, sponsored cycle ride in a velodrome, sponsored basket ball match… you name it, you can do it!
- Keep up the bonfire night spirit, and have a jacket potato evening. Everyone brings a topping and pays £2 for Brake for a spud!
- Hold a baby clothes swap or jumble sale with donations in aid of Brake.
- Get permission from your local supermarket to pack bags for customers in return for a donation to Brake
- Hold a Wake Up For Work Day at your workplace, running fun activities while highlighting the issue of tired driving.
- Sell our raffle tickets at a coffee morning. Call Lisa on the above number.
- Give online. You can help support Brake’s life-saving work by making a secure online donation of any size using your credit or debit card. To do this click on the 'Donate here' button at the top right of the page. Alternatively, call Brake on 01484 559909 to donate over the phone. Thank you!
- Visit the main fundraising pages on the Brake website for more ideas such as sponsored runs,treks, parachute jumps
If you are fundraising as part of your event, you can order a FREE pack for fundraisers.
Fundraisers are also a great way to raise awareness of road safety issues and you can order, at low cost, other resources to brand your event, such as T shirts. Click here to order.
Make sure you have registered for your free Road Safety Week email action pack too